Join OCNC staff in caring for the trails and grounds within Oak Canyon Nature Center. This is a great opportunity to learn about the environment and give back to your local community. High school students can earn community service hours. Planned projects are scheduled for each week. Pre-registration is required! Consent form needed for participants 17 years and under. All work materials provided. Groups should make reservations with nature center staff in advance. **Please note that the nature center cannot take volunteers who are referred by courts. Court referrals may volunteer with the Code Enforcement division.
When: Saturdays, 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Ages: 12 & up
Bring: A good attitude, any forms you need filled out, and a guardian to sign waiver.
O.A.K.S. Day Camp
Oak Canyon Nature Center strives to provide quality programming to the community. Under close supervision, volunteers, ages 14-17, are needed to help supervise children ages 5-12 participating in day camp activities, in addition to assisting staff in instruction and preparation during the summer. To volunteer, applicants must apply for the Summer VolunTEEN Program by going through an orientation process, which includes fingerprinting and criminal background check.
Visit the VolunTEEN Program page for the current year's application and orientation dates.
STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEEN
For questions or additional information please call the VolunTEEN Program Specialist at (714) 765-4994 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Complete the application
2. Attend an orientation
3. Return completed VolunTEEN application to during an orientation.
4. New and Returning VolunTEENs must attend an orientation with a parent or guardian.
5. First time applicants must have their fingerprints taken for a background check; this will be completed by the Program Specialist during your appointment. A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED FOR FINGERPRINTING. A school ID, driver’s license, or passport is acceptable.
6. Submit proof of Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance, dated within the past two years.
7. Teens will be notified of acceptance and placement via mail.
8. Attend your program training as scheduled by your VolunTEEN supervisor.
9. Have fun, gain experience, and meet new friends!
EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
Have a great idea or want to give back to nature, call our office for more information at (714) 998-8380 or email@example.com.
Any staff or internship positions available at the Oak Canyon Nature Center are listed on the City of Anaheim's Job Seekers page at http://www.anaheim.net/jobs. Please visit the Job Seekers for more information regarding employment.
Are you an artist? Photographer? Contractor? If you have a unique skill or talent and would like to volunteer, a specialized project may be available. Please contact the Nature Center for details.