Show Your Pride; Share Your Voice; Shape Your Community.
The Constitution of the United States has been amended several times to ensure all citizens are provided an equal opportunity to participate in the democratic process. Take advantage of your right to vote.
Qualifications to Register and Vote
A person must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of California
- At least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the upcoming election)
- Not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- Not declared to be mentally incompetent by a court
Voter Registration Deadline
To be eligible to vote in the November 6, 2018 election, registration must be postmarked no later than October 22, 2018. *Anyone who becomes a citizen after the close of registration may still participate in the election by registering directly with the Orange County Registrar of Voters; the Registrar will issue you a paper ballot upon completing registration.
Voter Registration Options
- Online: Visit the California Online Voter Registration website and complete the online application. To register online you will need:
- Your California driver license or California identification card number
- The last four (4) digits of your Social Security number
- Your date of birth
- By mail: Obtain a registration form from the City Clerk’s office, post office, libraries, Orange County Registrar of Voters, or DMV. Complete, sign, and mail the original form to the following address:
Orange County Registrar of Voters:
1300 South Grand Avenue, Building C
Santa Ana, CA 92705
P.O. Box 11298
Santa Ana, CA 92711
Rather than going to the polling place to cast a ballot on Election Day, you may request a Vote-By-Mail (VBM ) ballot . Any registered voter may apply for a Vote by Mail ballot. Applying is easy. Simply select one of the following options: Rather than going to the polling place to cast a ballot on Election Day, you may request a Vote-By-Mail (VBM ) ballot . Any registered voter may apply for a Vote by Mail ballot. Applying is easy. Simply select one of the following options:
|Track Your Vote-By-Mail Ballot Here|
Vote-By-Mail is a convenient way to vote from home, prior to Election Day. To avoid the long lines at the polls, any qualified voter may request a ballot by selecting one of the following options:
- By Mail: Complete the Vote-by-Mail ballot application, located on the back cover of the sample ballot (mailed to homes prior to an election) and mail to:
Orange County Registrar of Voters
1300 S Grand Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- By Internet: Download and complete a Vote-by-Mail ballot application from the Orange County Registrar of Voters website.
You may request a Vote-by-Mail ballot:
- As early as 60 days prior to an election. Applications must be received by the Registrar of Voters no later than the 7th day prior to an election.
- During the final 6 days prior to an election. If you become ill, disabled, or find that you will be away from your polling place on Election Day, you may vote an emergency Vote-by-Mail ballot. You can vote in person at the Orange County Registrar of Voters or send in a written/signed request for a Vote-by-Mail ballot authorizing another person to bring you the ballot and return it to the elections office or any polling place after you have voted.
The location of your polling place is printed on the back of your sample ballot pamphlet. Please check the location of your polling place as it may have changed since the last time you voted.
If you misplaced your sample ballot, you may:
- Look up your polling place by visiting the Orange County Registrar of Voters website.
- Contact the Office of the City Clerk
200 South Anaheim Boulevard
2nd Floor, Room 217
Anaheim, CA 92805
Phone: (714) 765-5166