The Police Review Board is Anaheim’s civilian oversight board for the city’s police department.
Anaheim’s Police Review Board, which is comprised of resident volunteers, is closely involved in the department’s review of any major incident.
The board also works closely with Anaheim’s independent external auditor, OIR Group, which has served as the city’s outside police practices adviser since 2007.
The board also will provide data on policing and an annual report on its work.
The board holds monthly public meetings to hear feedback from the community, engage with police leadership on issues of concern and make recommendations about new approaches.
The board meetings are open to everyone and are a great chance to get more information about policing in Anaheim and to share your own perspective. Join us for a future meeting, or you can email the board members at email@example.com.
Questions call (714) 765-4925
You can learn more about the review board, read the board’s annual report and other information below.
The board holds public meetings monthly. All meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are held in the Gordon Hoyt Conference Center, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd.
- Aug. 26, 2021 at 6 p.m.
- POSTPONED: July 22, 2021 (postponed until August 26, 2021)
Previous meetings (View all Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings for additional information):
- July 1, 2021 at 6 p.m.
- May 27- held via video conference
- April 22- held via video conference
- March 25- held via video conference
- February 25- held via video conference
- January 28- held via video conference
- Jan. 23, 2020
- Feb. 27, 2020
- Mar. 26- Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Apr. 23- Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- May 28 - Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- June 25 - held via video conference
- July 23 - held via video conference
- August 27- held via video conference
- October 1- held via video conference
- October 22- held via video conference
- November 19- held via video conference
- December 17- held via video conference
- Jan. 24, 2019
- Feb. 28, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- July 25, 2019
- Aug. 22, 2019
- Sept. 2019 - No meeting due to NACOLE Conference
- Oct. 24, 2019
- Nov. 14, 2019
- Dec. 12, 2019
- Sept. 27, 2018 (First Board Meeting)
- Oct. 18, 2018
- Nov. 8, 2018
- Dec. 13, 2018
Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings
OIR Group reports
The OIR Group, Anaheim’s external independent police auditor, produces reports on Anaheim Police Department officer-involved shootings, uses of force and internal investigations.
- Office of Independent Review Report 2021
- Office of Independent Review Report 2019
- Anaheim Police Department Responses to OIR Group February 2018 Report
- Office of Independent Review Report February 2018
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group July 2016 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report July 2016
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group 2015 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report October 2015
- Office of Independent Review Group Report April 2015