Temporary Power for Construction
Step 1: Temporary Service Evaluation
Present your request for temporary power to Electrical Engineering at Anaheim West Tower or online.
You'll need to provide the voltage and ampacity you are requesting as part of your service. An electrical engineering representative will determine the service point for your temporary power request and provide you with an Electric Service Plan within 5-7 business days. You will also receive a bill for fees associated with your Electric Service Plan, which can be paid by mail or at the cashier located on the 1st Floor of Anaheim West Tower.
Step 2: Electrical Permit
Once your meter location has been approved, you may apply for an electrical permit over the counter at the Building Division, located on the 1st Floor of City Hall (200 S. Anaheim Blvd). Please note that there will be a fee for the permit. You may pay for your permit over the counter by check or debit/credit card; if you choose to pay by cash, you will be directed to the cashier at Anaheim West Tower.
Step 3: Application for Temporary Power
After receiving your permits, contact Anaheim Public Utilities Customer Service by telephone at 714-765-3300 to apply for temporary power service and meter installation. If you prefer, you may also apply in-person on the 1st Floor of Anaheim West Tower.
Step 4: Inspections & Meter Installation
After installing your electrical panel, you will need to receive three inspections: (1) a building inspection to check your panel and other related construction items; (2) a utility inspection to check between the power source to the panel; (3) a meter shop inspection.
- First, call the Building Inspection Line at 714-765-4626 to request an electrical service inspection from the Building Division - you'll be asked to provide your Meter Spot Report during the time of your scheduled inspection.
- Once you have passed the building inspection, contact our electrical utility inspector, which is provided to you on the Electric Service Plan, and arrange for the final utility and meter shop inspection.
- Upon passing the utility and meter shop inspections, and when all required fees have been paid, a service crew will automatically be scheduled to energize your panel and install a temporary power meter for you within 3-5 business days.
- If you prefer to schedule installation for a specific time/date, please call 714-765-6867.
- When your construction project is completed and you no longer require temporary power, please contact customer service, at 714-765-3300, to request termination.