Anaheim Housing Authority
The Anaheim Housing Authority administers federally-funded programs and grants allocated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the City of Anaheim, CA.
Housing Programs include:
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program - allows a participating family to move into a unit of their choice if the property owner has agreed to participate in the HCV Program.
- Project Based Voucher (PBV) Program - provides rental assistance at selected apartment complexes within the City.
- Affordable Housing Lists – The City has agreements with owners of specific units to keep rent levels below regular market rates. As affordable units become available, individuals on the Interest List will be notified by mail of the availability. This is not a rental assistance program.
HUD Programs include:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program – The CDBG program provides funding to agencies and businesses that provide a benefit to low and moderate income persons, prevent or eliminate slums and blight, or meet needs having a particular urgency.
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program – The ESG program provides funding to nonprofit organizations and public entities sponsoring projects that’s provide a benefit to low-and moderate income homeless persons, provides shelters for the homeless, but also aid in the transition of this population to permanent housing.
- HOME Investments Partnerships (HOME) Program – The HOME program provides funds to local government’s to implement local housing strategies designed to increase the supply of affordable housing.
- Housing Opportunity for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program – The HOPWA program provides funding for housing and related support services of low–income persons living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Public comments are being accepted for the FY 2018-2019 PHA Plan. You may review the documents and the public notice here.
- The Project-Based Voucher Waiting List Application is open. Preference is given to those who live or work in Anaheim.
- Offices are closed on all major holidays.